At the beginning of this course, we identified a number of outcomes that instructors could accomplish by taking this training. As you review the list again now, which of these outcomes were you most interested in, and which ones do you feel you were able to achieve?
How can you now demonstrate your knowledge and skills in these areas?
- an understanding of adult learners and diversity issues that affect their learning,
- practical ways for accepting and affirming different social groups in their settings,
- strategies for fostering tolerance, understanding and unity within a diverse learner population,
- ways to facilitate learning that are appropriate for learners at various stages of becoming self-directed learners,
- accommodations to make for various individual learning styles and behaviours,
- strategies for promoting an atmosphere of mutual trust and partnership in the classroom.
Click on Final Assignment - Practical Exercise and choose the question that works best for you.
Motivation and Retention